Have you heard of the Liebster Award? It’s an award that is given by bloggers to other bloggers. It follows the same principles as a chain letter, since you are supposed to send it forward to a certain number of people. This award was created to recognize and discover new bloggers and welcome them into the world of blogging! At the end, you can find the rules of this award/nomination.
I was very pleased when I got an email from Marilou from www.vivelavivre.wordpress.com saying that she nominated me for this award. Thank you, Marilou, that was very kind of you! She gave me ten questions to answer, so without further ado, let’s hop right in:
1. Why did you start a blog?
When I was younger, I used to write stories all the time and read them to my mom in bed. She always complimented me on how well I could write and capture her attention. I didn’t stick to the basic sentences like: I am Sofie. I am 19 years old. I like to walk. I like to eat. I tried to vary my sentences and she seemed to appreciate that. But I never thought too much of it, because she is my mom and she is supposed to compliment me haha. But when I was in high school, my English teacher made us write stories all the time and she always said to me ‘I loved your story, I wanted to keep reading for hours!’. So she got me thinking and I actually started accepting the compliments.
What I’m trying to say is: I really love writing and people seem to like reading my stories. I thought ‘Wouldn’t it be great to combine my love for writing with my other passions?’. By that I mean taking pictures, editing pictures, making video’s… Just being creative in general. A blog seemed like the perfect thing for me so that’s why I started. I wanted to share all the things I love. There’s no better feeling than doing what you love, and receiving compliments and love in return.
2. What would you like to accomplish in life?
I want to be able to turn something negative into something positive, to always look on the bright side, to always smile and keep on going when things get hard. To me, those are some of the greatest things anyone could ever accomplish in life. I am not at that point YET but some day, I will be.
Besides those things, I think it would be great to have a job that I absolutely love and therefore never have to ‘work’ a day. Just enjoy life with my family and close friends.
3. What is your favorite movie?
That’s such a hard question to answer! It really depends on my mood and the time of the year. I can appreciate pretty much every movie when the time and setting is right.
4. What are you addicted to and why?
Music is my biggest addiction. Listening to music is something I do daily and that will never change. I love the fact that music can make you feel so many things and can bring back so many memories. Your mood can change in an instant by just listening to one song.
5. What is your favorite quote?
“Do good and good will come to you.”
6. What are you attached to?
My phone. It’s always in my hand, pocket or just close by. I know that’s not a good thing, but I just love the feeling of having the entire world in my hand. You can do so much with such a small devise and that always amazes me!
7. What is your biggest fail/blooper?
I really can’t think of anything right now. I always laugh at myself so I am not someone who’s ashamed of something very quickly. Insert evidence right here:
8. What is your favorite song?
My music taste is rather different than most people I know. I’m very active on Soundcloud, so if you’re interested you can always check my account if you’re looking for some new music.
9. What do you hate?
People who are very quick to criticize someone they hardly know.
When something I’ve been looking forward to, gets canceled.
People who think it’s okay to ruin someone’s life.
10. How did you come up with a name for your blog?
I thought about it for a looooooong time. Making choices is one of the things I just literally can’t do. But one day, I just sat in front of my computer and started typing whatever name came to my mind. There were two names in my list that I kept thinking about: Arabella and Basimah. Both names weren’t perfect to me, so the most logical thing to do was just combine them and make them perfect. That’s how Basimella was born.
These were all of the questions Marilou gave me. Thanks again! It had fun answering them 🙂
Now it’s up to me to nominate other bloggers so here are my nominees:
1. Julie from Vie de Julie
2. Elsa Sophie from Elsa Sophie
3. Charlotte from Girl Behind The Closet
4. Sharon from Zij En Stijl
5. Joke from Let’s Be Brave
I would really like to nominate every single one of you, so feel free to do so. If you decide to answer my questions, just tag me in your blogpost and I would love to read it! 🙂
Feel free to answer my questions in English or Dutch or whatever you prefer. Here are the questions I came up with:
1. Is there anyone you look up to? Why (not)? Is er iemand waar je naar opkijkt? Waarom (niet)?
2. What would you ask for is the answer was ‘yes’? Wat zou je vragen als het antwoord ‘ja’ was?
3. What do you enjoy most about blogging? Wat vind je het leukste aan bloggen?
4. What makes you happy? Wat maakt jou gelukkig?
5. How long have you been blogging? Hoe lang ben je al aan het bloggen?
6. Which countries would you like to visit? Welke landen wil je graag bezoeken?
7. Describe your perfect day. Omschrijf jouw perfecte dag.
8. What is the sweetest thing anyone ever told you? Wat is het liefste dat iemand je ooit zei?
9. Which of your own blogposts do you like best and why? Welke van je eigen blogposts vind je het leukst?
10. What is your biggest dream in life? Wat is jouw grootste droom?
Last but not least, here are the rules:
– Link the person who nominated you, with a link to their blog.
– Answers the questions you received.
– Nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers for the award.
– Ask questions to your own nominees.
– Let your nominees know you nominated them.
I hope you enjoyed reading all of this! It would make me very happy if everyone wanted to answer the questions. We should all help each other out! 🙂 I’m looking forward to seeing your answers.
Thank you for stopping by and until next time,